Quilter plc listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges in 2018, however our heritage and experience dates back many years before this.
Over the years, Quilter has grown from beginning life as a life insurance company to a complete wealth manager. Our story is one of organic growth and successful acquisitions of companies that complement our purpose of helping people secure their financial futures.
Our origins – Quilter Cheviot and Skandia
The earliest incarnation of Quilter Cheviot, William Morris and Sons is formed. It’s a partnership of 150 stockbrokers that created a club at Jonathan’s Coffee House.
Skandia Life is formed by a group of executives from the Swedish insurer Skandia.
Joining forces with Old Mutual & Quilter Cheviot
- Old Mutual acquires Skandia.
- Cheviot Asset Management launches.
Skandia Investment Group launches, to develop new investment solutions for the UK and international business.
Old Mutual Global Investors is formed, combining Skandia Investment Group’s multi manager expertise with Old Mutual Asset Managers’ direct investment prowess.
Cheviot Asset Management merges with Quilter, forming Quilter Cheviot Investment Management.
- Skandia says goodbye to the Skandia name with pride and rebrands to Old Mutual Wealth.
- Old Mutual Wealth acquires Intrinsic, the financial adviser network with 3,000 advisers, which was formed in 2005.
Old Mutual Wealth acquires Quilter Cheviot Investment Management.
Our journey continues as Quilter
- Old Mutual Wealth separates from Old Mutual and rebrands to Quilter. Quilter plc lists on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
- Financial Adviser School (acquired by Intrinsic from Sesame in 2016) rebrands to Quilter Financial Adviser School.
- Old Mutual Global Investors sold.
- Old Mutual Wealth Private Client Advisers becomes Quilter Private Client Advisers.
- Old Mutual Investment Management becomes Quilter Investors.
- Intrinsic rebrands to Quilter Financial Planning.
- Quilter Financial Planning acquires Charles Derby Group.
- Quilter Financial Planning acquires Lighthouse Group Limited.
- The sale of Quilter Life Assurance.
Charles Derby Financial Services becomes Quilter Financial Advisers.
- Old Mutual Wealth UK becomes the Quilter Investment Platform.
- The sale of Quilter International completes the journey to deliver a focused UK wealth management business.
- Quilter Private Client Advisers becomes Quilter Cheviot Financial Planning.